To help customers understand the risk associated with each vulnerability, Microsoft provides the following data on the Security Update Guide:
- Impact: security threats of the vulnerability.
- Severity: Maximum potential impact of the attack. See more at Security Update Severity Rating System
- CVSS Score: Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS)
- Publicly Disclosed: Marked YES when the vulnerability has been publicly disclosed before the release of the security update.
- Exploited: Marked YES when the vulnerability has been exploited before the release of the security update.
- Microsoft Exploitability Index: Potential exploitability of each vulnerability of Important or Critical severity associated with a Microsoft security update. See more at Microsoft Exploitability Index
Additional Microsoft resources to evaluate risk:
- Microsoft Security Research & Defense blog
- Microsoft Security Response Center blog
- Antimalware and cybersecurity portal
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?