Building on from our WindowsServer 2012 R2 installation, this chapter will explore the processes involved to install and IIS 8.5 server which may be used for hosting websites running applications.
1. Begin by launching Server manager > Click Manage > Add Roles and Features.
2. Read the installation wizard information and click Next.
3. Select the Role-based or feature-based installation and Click Next.
4. Select you destination server, should be the only option available in the windows and click Next.
5. Select Web Server (IIS) in the server roles windows and click Next.
6. You’ll get a prompt about other features or tools required to run Web Server (IIS). Add Features and Click Next.
7. Leave default selections under Features and Click Next.
8. Read about the enhanced functions available in IIS 8.5 and click Next.
9. Leave default settings under Role Services and click Next.
10. Confirm the installation selections and click Install.
11. Once installation is complete, clock Close to Finish.
12. Notice the IIS server which now shows up in Server Manager Dashboard.
Configuring IIS 8.5 on Windows Server 2012 R2
13. Now we have our IIS server installed, we can proceed with basic configuration of the server. To do this Click on Tools > Select Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
14. The IIS Manager interface should launch with a Start Page and information about the server.
15. Expand the server tree to reveal features and information displayed in the panel. Spend some time to familiarize yourself with the Home interface as we dive deeper into IIS configurations in later lessons.
16. Click on Sites and locate Add Website on the right pane. A pop up window will appear where your very first site will be created and managed.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?