You can use the steps in the following procedure to discover server roles and features, and install multiple roles and features using Windows PowerShell:
- type in PowerShell in a command window.
2. Type Get-WindowsFeature at the PowerShell Command Line to view the server roles and features that are installed or available on the server.
3. Type Install-WindowsFeature followed by the feature name (e.g., Hyper-V) listed in the Get-WindowsFeature cmdlet output to install a role or feature.
4. As shown, the installation begins and the progress updates throughout the operation.
5. After the installation is complete, the status of the operation is displayed as shown.
It is possible to install multiple features at once by separating the feature names with commas. If you want to uninstall a server role or feature, you can use the Uninstall-WindowsFeature PowerShell cmdlet followed by the feature name. If you uninstall a role or feature, the installation files remain on disk to allow you to reinstall at a later time without needing original installation media.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?