1. Download and run the latest version of Acrobat
- Download the latest version of Acrobat.
- Run the installer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
- Check to see if this solves your issue. If not, try the next methods.
2. Repair Adobe Acrobat Installation
- The Acrobat reader comes with a built-in repair tool. Using the repair tool can help you to resolve the issue.
- Launch the Adobe Acrobat Reader app on your computer.
- Click on Help and select “Repair Installation“.
- In the new Dialog box, click Yes for the “Are you sure you want to repair the current installation” message.
- Adobe Reader will initiate the repair process which might take some time. So wait till it is completed.
- Once the repair process is complete, close, and launch Adobe Reader again.
- Click on File and select Print and check if your printer is listed in the printer section.
3. Update Printer Driver
- If the issue persists, try to update the printer driver from the device manager.
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run.
- Type devmgmt.msc and press OK to open Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager, expand the Printer section.
- Right-click on your printer and select Update Driver.
- Click on “Search automatically for updated driver software” option.
- Windows will now look for any pending driver update and download it.
- After the installation is complete, reboot the system.
- Open Adobe PDF reader and check if you can find your printer in the printer interface.
4. Run Printer Troubleshooter
- Open Start and select Settings.
- Click on Update and Security.
- Click on Troubleshoot tab from the left pane.
- Scroll down to Printer and click on it.
- Click on “Run the troubleshooter” button.
- The troubleshooter will scan for any issues with the printer and recommend an appropriate fix.
- Apply the fixes and restart the system if prompted. After the restart check for any improvements.
If the issue persists try to set your printer as default.
Set Printer as Default
- Type Control Panel in the search box and open it.
- Next, go to Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.
- Now right-click on your printer select “Set as Default Printer“.
- That’s it. Now check for if you are able to print the document from Adobe Reader.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?