Finally, if you created a backup of your files, you can now reconnect the external drive to restore the data to your account folders.
To restore files from a previous backup, use these steps:
- Open File Explorer.
- Under the This PC section in the left pane, select the external drive the backup.
- Select the folders with the file that you want to restore.
- Click the Copy to menu from the Home tab.
5. Select the Choose location option.
6. Select the destination to restore the files — for example, in the Documents folder.
7. (Optional) Click the Make New Folder button.
8. Specify a name for the folder (such as Backup) and press Enter.
9. Select the newly created folder.
10. Click the Copy button.
After you complete the steps, the files will restore to your computer.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?