Backing up files
The clean installation process erases everything on the main drive, as such before proceeding is advised to create a backup of your files as well as a temporary full backup of the entire system (whenever possible).
Upload files to OneDrive
You can create a backup of documents, pictures, and other files in many ways. However, the easiest way is to move your data to the OneDrive folder or cloud storage service that you use.
Alternatively, you can use the backup option in OneDrive to automatically upload your profile folders, including Documents, Pictures, and Desktop using these steps:
1. Click the OneDrive cloud icon in the taskbar.
2. Click the More menu.
3. Click the Settings option.
4. Click the Backup tab
5. Click the Manage backup button.
6. Select the folders that you want to backup in the cloud.
7. Click the Start backup button.
Once you complete the steps, the files in those locations will upload to your account online.
Copy files to external drive
If you have a large amount of data, perhaps your best option would be making a copy of the files to an external hard drive.
To create a file backup manually, connect an external drive, and then use these steps:
- Open File Explorer.
- Type the following path in the address bar and press Enter:
3. Click the Select All button from the “Home” tab.
4. Click the Copy to button from the “Home” tab.
5. Select the Choose location option.
6. Select the destination location.
7. Click the Copy button.
After you complete the steps, you may need to repeat the instructions to backup the files for the remaining accounts (if applicable).
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?